Tuesday 14 July 2015

To know the good sometimes you need to experience the bad


For many of us, life has been a smooth journey upto a certain point without any humps and bumps. People like me started to take life for granted.

Ever since my graduation, I wanted to pursue PhD only to get a 'Doctor' in front of name. My Family was very supportive as I proved to be outstanding in my post graduate degree in Oz. I pushed myself beyond limits and achieved results I always dreamt of. But this was before she arrived into our little world. She being an adjusting bub gave me the wrong impression life was always predictable and doable as before.

I considered myself the luckiest upon being selected into the nation's most prestigious research group which was internationally acclaimed for its "Results" and extraordinary people. But I failed to realize I was doing two full time jobs with limited support- One as a Baby's mother and other as a researcher. Like the others I became "result driven" and didn’t enjoy the baby's growing years. In the mean time I was subjected to office bullying and began to detest everyone in general. My sole aim was to start afresh again. I became bitter and blamed everyone for everything.

Again to know the beauty of light, I learnt the miseries of dark. After a couple of gruelling months, I saw light. To move life in a positive way, count on your blessings and not your follies. Never compare your life with others as you are witnessing only a small spectrum of their life. Sometimes some things may be right in front of you that you overlook them. Live amidst people who appreciate you than chasing dreams and people that no longer mean a damn. Small moments indeed draw the big picture. Let go of the negative elements in your life. It is always the happy memories that count in your older years.
Plan it!! Create it!!And most of all enjoy it!!!

The present is indeed a present. Take it and treat it that way!!

Being wary of the past makes you bitter, It is like driving a car looking at the rear mirror only.

 Worrying about the future only makes you anxious. It is like driving the car looking at the GPS.

But driving the car and enjoying nature's beauty is enjoying the beautiful PRESENT.



6 comments:

  1. Nice write up Chandni! You have a way with words! Reading about cars , I remember our first ride together ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lols Keerthi. .still remember your face when i told you that you were my first rider in 2 years

      Delete
  2. Nice one Chandni...short and sweet...but the depth of realisation is very clear. .. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for your encouragement. Means a lot :)

      Delete
  3. Many nice and wise messages to ponder on....Loved this one especially -"we are witnessing only a small spectrum of their life" so true...and we might misjudge people based on that.

    ReplyDelete