Friday 21 December 2012

Extending your capabilities

*
 When Little Miss Sunshine came into my life,our  focus towards life changed dramatically.  Her second birthday preparations became our brain storming days- her dress, the menu for the party, the guest list and most of all the day itself. When we started shopping around for the cake, we found out to our dismay the cake we had in our mind and the sky rocketed prices the bakers were charging were somehow so mismatched. This is when the better half and I decided that it was high time for me to extend my culinary skills , this time to cake decoration. He was kind enough to sponsor me for a class held by the cake decorating legend of my home town Rumana Jaseel of Incredible Art.
I expected an arrogant lady who was  was sure to be irritated with my rather fast learning capabiltilies..How I was wrong!!! I met a calm, composed and a down to earth person who was  totally in love with teaching  and creating the most beautiful cake art ever. Those few days I spend with Rumana was one of the best in my life where we made a beautiful bond of friendship and an extra ordinary cake for Ammu.



 Learning this art greatly enhanced my relation with the bubby and I was able to create nicer and personalised  presents for ,my loved ones. This christmas as  per Ammu's request I did a gingerbread house for the Bubbies at Ammu's daycare. This was one of the happiest moments of my life when I saw the excited looks on the little faces..
2012-12-17 19.10.07.jpg
Many of my close friends have confided that they were not able to learn something they wanted badly....Who said so age was a barrier for all that? After all ,  ageing is not about seeing serials, baby sitting and praying 24/7. In this context I would like to share life experiences of three such people.
G was a work colleague  who was once baby sitting his granddaughter. They were both painting together. Mind you, G, then in his 60s had never painted his entire life. He suddenly realized that he simply had to paint and has been a part time artist ever since. This man is always in a frantic hurry to rush back home to paint. He recently held his first art exhibition when he was 69.
B, my neighbor was in mid 60s  when he retired. He never entered the kitchen in his entire life. Since his wife was still working he had the whole day to kill. He tried his hand in cooking one day and has never let his wife in the kitchen since then. He says he finds such joy and wonders why he didnt do it earlier....Lucky Mrs B:)
A famous doctor in my home town went to learn classical dancing in her late forties...Now she is an extremely busy dancer  giving stage performances besides her practice.

My dear friends, age is not a reason why you should not be doing what you want...Do not feel  that your child hood was deprived...Discover yourself...Do something for yourself..Finding inner satisfaction makes you and the people around happy too.... In fact this time my family and I tried our hand in Karaoke..What joy we had in yelling our head out...Not sure about the neighbors though....lols..

Dear Friends,make a list of at least 5 crazy things you simply MUST do and do try to accomplish at least one in the next coming months.....

As George Lucas quoted "Everybody has talent; it's just a matter of moving around until you've discovered what it is."


Love
Chad
*courtesy:http://www.profiletree.com/blogs/inspirational-quotes-to-help-identify-your-skills-and-talent

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Chandni. You have fans in San Diego! I've bookmarked the blog now. Hope everyone's doing fine. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chetta:) It is your support which has kept my motivation so high...Hope all is well there.

    ReplyDelete