Tuesday 15 March 2016

Joy of small things


Dear Mol,
When I was in school, there was a concept “Thought of the week.” Little did I know, this will add a meaning to my life till Baby and you came along. Like everyone my childhood days are closely held to my heart, not because of the house I grew up in, but because of the people who touched my heart some way or the other. These are some of the moments I wish to share with you.
  1. Playing hide and seek with Ammama who had Baby Sanju on the hip
  2. Laughing aloud with Achacha, Ammama and Sanju in the lift when realized that we were there for a while, forgetting to press the button.
  3. Jumping on the muddy puddles with Sanju on the road.
  4. Sneaking up to the terrace with Sanjan to eat mangoes from the neighbour’s garden.
  5. Waking up to hear Gee’s beautiful playing of the Veena on Sunday mornings
  6. Enjoying Mootha Ammama’s shy face, when daddy placed a piece of fish into Mummy mouth during our dating days.

My dear Mol, life’s greatest moments don’t cost a dime, but is worth a million dollars. We always feel childhood is a period we wish to go back to.
I have begun to change that concept. Sometimes due to changing priorities like marriage and career, the things we enjoyed take a backseat. You have taught me it is possible to awaken the child in me. Child is indeed the mother of mankind.

I love the adrenaline pumping away when:
  1. Swinging in the park with you, the wind breathing on my face and laughing uncontrollably.
  2. Singing at the top of my not very gifted voice while having you and baby mesmerised.
  3. Having a running race with you to see who reaches the shady tree first
  4. Playing, where you are the mummy while daddy and I am your babies.
  5. Hiding under the sheets with you when daddy comes back from work to scream ‘BOWWOW’
  6. Waiting to hear you squeal, when we take you for your surprise party in the park.
  7. Swimming in a lake with you, without knowing its depth.


I have learned that children are indeed bundles of joy. They are only there for a very short period of your life until they move from the nest to start their lives. Enjoy them when they are with you. Nothing last forever.

Every moment in life is like a train stopping at the station. It is only there for a moment before it moves on.

Dear Mol, thank you a million times for enriching me with the beautiful moments you shower upon me.
Love

Mummy

PS: Many thanks to our inhouse photographer Deeps for allowing me to use her UK pictures

3 comments:

  1. Happened to read this at the start of my day.heartwarming thoughts indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written beautiful moments chechu.... i can really visualise those memories through your pretty writing... such pleasant thoughts everyone loves to read...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to know you take out the time and enjoy penning down and sharing your joy of parenthood and also in a way reliving your childhood :)
    Hope to take some inspiration from you and get myself to start doing something creative ;)

    ReplyDelete