Monday 28 March 2016

Happy Birthday Me!!!

Two years ago on this very same day, I felt the world closing on me and really felt life was worthless. Despite the cheerful people who called me, despite the birthday cake and the surprises…despite the 4 degrees I had earned..... What is the point when you have it all when you feel you have nothing at all…
It was the worst period of my life. I only blamed myself throughout. I learnt a few things on the way while I was busy mending me.
  1. True love is a different story…
  2. True love is not about giving roses on special days but making life rosier than ever
  3. True love is not about making you in happier in your happy days but helping you to pick up and get up in your sadder days
  4. True love is not professing love and writing letters but helping you to find out the real meaning about self worth and self respect.
  5. True love is not about celebrating your achievement but supporting you with the kind reassuring words when you feel there is nothing to look forward to.
  6. True love is not about charting out a fairy tale ending but really making absolute peace with the past.
  7. True love is not discovering places together but helping you to discover the better you.


I never felt a sense of achievement when I earned the most difficult and challenging degree of my life- Master of Research engineering in Nov 2014. Today when I look back, I feel I have achieved not another Engineering degree , but a degree to face life with self worth and self assurance.



I have been talking lately a lot about self respect and self care. To mark my 34th year around, this is something I have come up with to gift me…




Love Chad

3 comments:

  1. Nice one Chandni! Have a very satisfying and adventurous year ahead and a birthday filled with love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many happy returns of the day..wishing u happiness and fulfillment in everything you undertake..

    ReplyDelete