Sunday 28 February 2016

Getting Emotional


I am sure like me, many of you lose your cool on and off. Initially I used to brush it off saying I belong to the fiery category of Aries. So have the right to be hot-headed , short tempered …. ( For those of you who are not astrology crazy like me, Aries is the Sun sign of the people who are born between March 20 to April 20 and have a fiery independent character).

At one stage, I began to feel this emotion is becoming the master of my life .I was not enjoying the fast adrenaline pumping, the distress of my loved ones, the after tears, remorse…list goes on.

I have come to terms with this issue. A movie recently struck chords with me. If you realize you have a disorder such as diabetes, you come to terms with it.  You make lifestyle changes and just MOVE ON.

Anger according to Cambridge dictionary is defined strong feeling that makes you want to hurt someone because of something unfair or unkind that has happened. 

Some of the strategies that I have researched and trying to incorporate in my lifestyle as much as I can are:

  1. Upon the onset of challenging situations, I try to move away from the situation. If time permits, watch it. 
  2. If you access to drinking water, have a glass. I learnt this technique from Ammu’s childcare. For some reason, it cools you down.
  3. Critically analyse the situation once you are in your better senses. What was the triggering factor? Are you co-responsible? What can you do it to prevent the next time?
  4. Remember, for all what happens around you, accept you are NOT RESPONSIBLE.
  5. Seeking help is not a crime, infact is a sign of maturity and courage!!!Talk to friends or elders who are generally calmer than you. A bit of worldy wisdom never hurts :)
  6. Say Sorry to the hurt party. Age is no bar here. This induces better relations with your loved ones. 
  7. Yelling leads to nowhere. I adore this
  8. Check your bloods. Vit D and Iron levels play with moods.
  9. Teaching your loved ones that “Avoid me when I am in my moods” can prevent calamities to a big extend. Truly tried and tested!!!
  10. Stop expectations from others. Unfulfilled expectation and promises from others spikes resentment. I have learnt this the hard way over the years.
  11. Reacting to every unfair moment leads you to nowhere. I love this thought. It has worked all the time for me.  

Ending this with a lighter note….



If you  have strategies which have been working  for you please share with me. I would love to hear from you.

You cannot choose the situation, but you can definately choose your reaction.

Love Chad




6 comments:

  1. Would you believe the timing of this article!! You've provided a fabulous list of methods I have to try :) it's true about the water !! Something my dad taught me :)
    God bless !! Keep them coming !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you have given beautiful tips that everyone should try... many times in everyone's life we are gonna need these valuable tips to keep us calm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said beautiful tips that everyone needs in their life chechu... these things can make us calm and patient in many situations... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said dear
    And you made Ma day with that quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Chandni!! I also try counting and deep breathing... With my son, I try to go down to his eye level before I try to talk sense into him.. That kind of gives me a few moments to cool off!

    ReplyDelete