Wednesday 24 February 2016

Being me..Loving me..Respecting me

Being me..Loving me..Respecting me



                I love a story. A background history to kick-start a topic.
Giving up work. Having Ammu. Looking after Ammu….I felt the world was coming to a close and I felt I was not “worthy”. I felt a thousand negative feelings engulfing me. I thought going back to work will take away those negativities,
RESULT: NOT REALLY

This was nothing to do with circumstances or proving to the people around I was something. It was to do with me. It took 32 years, some months and several days to understand that the value, the respect and most importantly the love I had put aside for myself.
The day I started giving me importance was the day I felt I was seeing the world with less streaky lens.

Many a time, I hear men and women cribbing “stay at home moms” are a waste of space and money.
This was a beautiful article which changed my life and outlook as a SAHM.

These strategies have been working well in increasing my self-worth and self-respect.
  1.     Stop comparing your life with others. Facebook is a good culprit here. You don’t know what they have in their plate,
  2.     Read…read…read. There are some great blogs which focus on self-worth, self-respect and staying sane. This is like my morning cuppa. A few minutes of reading these peps you up to take life challenges with grace and poise.
  3.       Being a perfectionist leads you to nowhere. It just burns you out at one stage.
  4.       Being good enough is great enough. A happy mom=happy husband== happy family.
  5.       Set aside me time for 20 minutes a day. It rejuvenates your patience levels and day to a new level.
  6.       A great set circle of friends after marriage is a great source of sanity. Reconnect with your childhood friends if you haven’t. This is what whatsapp and skype calls were designed for….
  7.   Say goodbye to negative people. Save their numbers and don’t pick up those calls.
  8.    The Buddha thought is handy for difficult situations…”This will pass. This is not forever”
  9.    Lastly tell yourself several time a day “ I love myself. I respect myself”




Love Chad

7 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written and some great tips . 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a good read and something t seriously ponder over..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it is a great advice!!thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this one !!!! It's bang on to the point !! And no 5 is something I can't get thru the day without!! I admire how you saved the best for last!! :) something I need to start doing !!! Thank you for the share :) God bless and kee them coming !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! You are a star! This is truly inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said thoughts Chad chechu... highly inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete